Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Turtles and the Pipeline

Today was all about R&R and just enjoying what the Pacific Ocean has to offer. We were all up at a fairly early time. But we agreed we'd sleep as long as we like, and not worry about a thing. That's the way to enjoy a vacation.

We had a pretty nice breakfast after a couple of hours, then once the maids cleaned up the kitchen (Gerry and Bob), we went for a walk along the shore. It is SO hard to pick just a couple of pictures to share on this blog.


Bev found this beautiful piece of coral...at least we think it is.


A beachcomber we found along the way.


One of my goals of being on the north shore was to see the Banzai Pipeline and surfers...so here they are. I just couldn't stop taking pictures of this. I have a gazillion, as I said I would.

We had to leave this. I could have stayed all day, but we were getting thirsty! We moved on to Turtle Beach to see if we could see what the beach was famous for. And we did! First we saw these little guys...

Then we saw the turtles. This one was taking a breath.

This one was swimming.


And this one was sunning himself on the beach.

And these are this guy's statistics.

We returned to our place, broke out the pops, and enjoyed Bob & Bev's 38th wedding anniversary with a nice dinner. This little guest was there too.

I couldn't catch on film how smart he was catching the flies and moths that happened by.

End of another gorgeous day in Hawaii.

1 comment:

  1. glad to here your trip is going well. It's interesting to see alot of the same spots and restaurants where we had been. I'm looking forward to returning there soon.
    We woke up at 5:30 am in California on Friday mar 11 and turned on the TV to find the weather forecast and heard about the tsunami wave expected to hit Hawaii in a few moments. So I emailed Shelley as I didn't have acccess to a computer to read your blogs, and she let us know you were ok

    ReplyDelete