Sunday, March 6, 2011

Getting there

International 6:45 a.m. flights fit right up there with having the flu.Of course, having a good snow fall didn't help as the 401 was not very quick. But it took almost as long waiting to get a ride from our car at Park 'n Fly to the terminal. Good job we left early enough - to allow for Park 'n Fly's lack of drivers. It's things like this make you think, "uugg, not a good start to the day, what next?".

Well it all worked out, the planes were all on time - connection from Toronto-Dallas,
(you can tell we're in Texas -- giant breakfast granola parfaits, uh-hmmm, , I ate most of it.

I don't know if these are rocket ships or city buildings in the Dallas airport, but at this point, I didn't really care. The lack of sleep is getting to me, and I've also been on drugs.

Then Dallas-Honolulu, a beautiful rainbow over the Honolulu airport. We're at the inter-island terminal by this point.
This wasn't our plane, but I have a feeling it could be on one of our inter-island flights. I wonder if they play while we're on board?

Then Honolulu- Lihue, Kauai, on this plane.


And I'm now sitting in our little surf shack on Anahola Bay in Kauai, listening to the waves of the ocean, and birds, or crickets, or something. Nice little spot. (I think the sprinklers are on, 'cause if not, it rains awfully funny here...from the ground up.)

It was dark when we arrived, so not much opportunity to take pictures. But here's a picture of a nice bouquet our hostess provided for us - with a bird of paradise, that felt like it was "right up my nose". I'm going to bed!



2 comments:

  1. Glad to see you made it OK... sounds like quite an ordeal getting there... always seems that way when you fly 1/2 way around the world. At least there is no snow there.... (is there???)

    John

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a great spot. But seriously what is Gerard doing falling into the car?

    ReplyDelete